Life is crazy busy for us. A church flock to love and lead, a six month old to care for, a new house to make a home, a marriage to nurture, families to stay connected to, new friendships to cultivate, and precious friendships that span numerous miles to keep thriving.
Unfortunately, my flesh longs to appease every person God places along my path and meet every.single.expectation placed upon me. It is definitely not my best quality but an ever-present struggle in my life. Attempting to earn the love of God and those around me is beyond exhausting.
And just when my feelings of inadequacy begin to overtake my thoughts, the Word of God breathes life into my weary soul…
- Moses was marked by a severe speech impediment.
- Noah was 500 years old when he built the ark.
- Ruth was a widowed outcast.
- Paul killed Christians.
- David was an adulterer who committed murder AND was overlooked by his
own earthly father when he gave consideration to which son could become king.
- Gideon was a scared coward.
- The twelve disciples were less than perfect and often doubted Jesus, even
though He lived among them.
- Sarah bore a child in her ripe old age after doubting God would ever knit life
together in her womb.
- My own SAVIOR was born to a young girl and a carpenter in a stable surrounded
I’m forever grateful to serve a God who chooses to use His imperfect followers. If God could use these seemingly useless characters in the Bible, then watch out world, because He will continue a mighty work through those of us who feel completely unworthy.
If God is for us, then who can be against us?