Monday, July 2, 2012
10 Things I Have Learned About Parenting…
1. Watching your husband become a father will only multiply your love and admiration for him. There is no sound sweeter than M and J playing together.
2. When you think you have nothing else left to give, you just dig deeper than you ever have before, and find more love and compassion to bestow, even when you have only slept for three hour increments throughout the night.
3. A little bit of air freshener goes a long way when changing a poopy diaper.
4. And since we are on the subject of poop…celebrating a poopy diaper with your husband takes the relationship to a whole new level.
5. Putting M on a schedule from day 1 was more for my sanity than anything else. A happy mom means a happy baby!
6. Murphy’s Law of Naps states that a baby WILL wake up if you decide to shower during nap time.
7. One has not fully lived until you instinctively catch throw up in your hand to protect whatever piece of furniture or toy the baby happens to be enjoying at that moment.
8. Becoming a mother only makes you appreciate, respect, and love your own mom more than you ever thought possible.
9. The Lord will teach you some of the hardest yet sweetest lessons about your own life through the little bundle of joy.
10. It is the toughest, sweetest, most challenging job in the world that I would not exchange for any other blessing.
Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to be a mom. Love my M!