Saturday, October 30, 2010

Numbered Days

Life. Death. Legacy. Kingdom Ministry. Random, I know, but in my mind each of these are closely related. The death of person, young or old, sick or healthy, is never easy for me to process. Yes, I believe God is sovereign and He has numbered each of our days, and though I will never fully understand His ways this side of heaven, I trust His perfect wisdom. Watching people I love deal with grief is heart wrenching, yet, it makes me ponder how I shall live out my numbered days. Are we called to live like we are dying? If so, what does that even look like? I have this desire to spend all of my time cultivating relationships with the lost, sharing the perfect love of my Savior, and learning more about my Savior while spending time among the Saints. But, the other things of life seem to stand as distractions to these. And what about our legacy? When my time in this world ends, do I want people to speak of my clean house, or my clothes, or any other earthly idea? No, I want them to speak of my imperfect love for my perfect Savior, my devotion to my husband, my time in Kingdom Ministry not just merely church ministry, and my imperfect way of loving those God put in my life. I want them speak of my perfect God. Unfortunately, I devote the majority of my time to school work, e-mail, facebook, cleaning my house, church ministry, and so on. When I finally see my Savior face-to-face I long to hear these words, “well done, my good and faithful servant.” Whatever my remaining days look like, I will live with Philippians 1:21 in mind.

“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. “ Philippians 1:21

*This entry was written on 4-1-2010*

No comments:

Post a Comment